The original parish Church for Llanwrtyd, St. Davids is situated outside the town of Llanwrtyd Wells on the road to Abergwesyn. The Church enjoys good views of the Irfon valley. Inside there is a wooden statue of St David. The new Church of St. James in Llanwrtyd town replaced this older church when the town became a spa town. William Williams, Pantycelyn, the hymn writer, was the curate here in 1740 to 1742. With some parts and components dating to 14th, 15th and 16th centuries, in 1862 it underwent restoration by C. Buckeridge. Inside there is a recent wooden carving of St. David.